Friday, September 18, 2009

Mandukya Upanishad

During my 500 hour training with Jenny, Dr. Manoj Chalam presented a lecture on the Mandukya Upanishad. Boy, did his lecture rock my world! I was just reviewing my notes from that lecture that seems like a lifetime ago. Here's some excerpts from my notes (know that there may be errors... these are my handwritten notes from years ago - based on my perception & what I thought I heard Manoj say!). The Upanishads is based on & all about OM -- really explaining OM. The Mandukya Upanishad is only 12 mantras. And while it is short, it has the juice of everything contained with in it... the essence. As he shared each of the 12 simple, short mantras - the philosophy was deep. And, I had a lot of questions. To this day, I still think about the Mandukya Upanishad and those 12 lines. There's a lot in there! OM is so much more than what popular culture displays as a symbol on jewelry, t-shirts, and wall art. And, while it is a Bija (or seed) sound that many enjoy vocalizing, it means way more to me. Thanks to Manoj, to me now, OM is a philosophical conversation starter. So, if I see you wearing an OM symbol, I'll be asking you questions to get your point of view on the full philosophy. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! Welcome to the big conversation! And, Manoj will be here in Jacksonville in 2010. Hope he rocks your world & shakes up your thoughts like he did to me. Check out www.RYT500.com to learn more.